The Counselling Process and Sessions
A counselling session with me will not be about giving advice or passing judgement on anything you say. The counselling room offers a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space that will assist you to gain insight and empower you to make your own decisions.
I offer an initial, free consultation which can be done over the phone or face-to-face. An initial conversation is essential to ensure you feel therapy with myself is right for you. It also allows us the opportunity to discuss your current difficulties and agree on a way of working together in the therapy. If you are keen to get started we can have a full counselling session at the same time as the consultation as I will always allow enough time, or we can schedule our first session in for a time that suits you - if, of course, that is what you choose to do.
To get the most from therapy, counselling sessions are usually weekly but we can be flexible depending on your circumstances. It is difficult to say how long therapy will be required for as this will be dependant on you as my client, the presenting problems you are facing and the type of therapeutic approach we choose that would be most suited to you. Typically you can expect to have an average of eight to twelve sessions but I have had successful results with clients after three and four sessions, there are also those clients whose issues may be more deep-rooted and complex and so need many more sessions.
We will review your progress at every session and openly discuss what you feel is or isn't working for you, it's important to have these discussions regularly as what may be helpful for one client may not be right for you. As an Integrative Counsellor my focus is providing you with the best support possible using a number of models and resources, and I invite feedback.
In Summary Counselling Sessions Are;
· One to one.
· Private and confidential.
· 50 minutes long and usually once per week.
· Contracted; a contract will be explained on the first session and you will be provided with a signed paper copy.
· Fees for Face-to-Face Counselling are £50 per session, paid before each session commences.
· Couples Counselling is £75 per session, paid before each session commences.
· Online and Telephone Counselling is £40 for up to 50 minutes.
· 24 hours notice needs to be given for cancellations in which the session will be rescheduled. Cancellation of a session within less than 24 hours, or failure to show for your appointment will incur the full fee.
Please get in touch should you have any questions at all about the counselling process, you can contact me here.